Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: Server Reconstruction/Revamp

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by khan265 View Post
    Agility gems are there for everyone, they weren't that rare, and isn't that why accuracy gems were in game for? To break bosses agility and land more hits... same as hitting a wiz with agil... build acc your fine
    Give bosses 15-16 agility, give warrs 17-18 accuracy, job done. There's no need to have the orbs in for kits, it unbalances the PK/PVP.

  2. #22
    it''s a shit mechanic.

    I don't care that much, I'll play whatever game is put before me, i'd prefer if that game doesn't include agility gems/orbs

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    9
    In the dying days of this server i managed to make a semi decent agil kit (41 agil) from buying all the agil gems from TM and just gemming on crappy kits, as i am a casual player and not in a guild with those gem buffs, I broke alot of items but it was worth it. With the agil kit i was able to solo all the subs in ORCS, OKS, IZT, Spiders, TOY etc was quite fun. But even with agil kit it doesn't mean i don't get hit but just less and enough to out pot and sun it long enough to kill the bosses, and quite challenging too as some of the bosses hit hard and fast. It is hard work and time consuming to make a decent agil kit, but that's the same with all other kits like king set needing godlys, but this is what keeps player playing the game, something for them to achieve.

    Kori is right, accuracy gem exist for a reason, it's a choice of risk breaking your gear vs benefit of landing hits.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    115
    HP is being added to kits this time around, it would be ridiculous to have the amount of agility that some had on here (more than just Kori) with more HP included. It wasn't just a PVP situation either, it was the fact that bosses accuracy wasn't up to par to combat agility stacked kits, and so they were missing quite a lot of their attacks thus allowing people to have a huge advantage, easier to kill bosses, easier to kit up and get spares, easier to get gems/orbs to keep orbing the spare kit they were getting, so forth.

    P.S, Toyotomi, your kit being agility gemmed was nothing in comparison to full mir kit with 42/43 agility... take in to account the damage output difference and how fast the bosses could be killed in comparison to you, plus the ac/amc difference when hits actually landed. It would be fine if for example the player took a massive decrease in damage output compared to what they could achieve with higher tier kit, when stacked with agility (as probably the case with your kit), but as the game went on, the damage output was getting severe, so there was wizz's stacked with agility, 1 hitting people with met whilst barely getting tickled stood on the spot (I had a wizz before anyone says I'm wrong, 34 agility and warr's were missing majority of their hits, 400 mc and met before the nerfs was 1 hitting majority of people)
    Last edited by toofknb4d; 12-07-2017 at 10:58 AM.

  5. #25
    Agility can be added to warriors too.

    It's nothing to do with being 'selfish' (wrong word) over my class. I'm not always a warrior for one.

    It's a bad game mechanic and hard to get right from a pk / pvp balance situation.

    Only the elite players can afford to gem mir kit, and it creates a void between elite players and casual players. Only elite players can afford to acc gem mir kit too, before you use that arguement, so there's still a void.

    A void of a few stats is fine, a void of being unhittable is not.

    This is my opinion and I think it's fairly straightforward.

    Honestly, Agility orbs and Acc orbs would be better (+2/3 max stat added) than gems, as then everyone can afford to do it. I just don't think it's needed at all. Just like MR/PR gems were not in game, they become broken eventually.

    It's not game breaking, but it's pretty bad. I won't post again on it, leave it upto the gms. Never seen a server ruined by not having agil gems in game.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite2017 View Post
    Agility can be added to warriors too.

    It's nothing to do with being 'selfish' (wrong word) over my class. I'm not always a warrior for one.

    It's a bad game mechanic and hard to get right from a pk / pvp balance situation.

    Only the elite players can afford to gem mir kit, and it creates a void between elite players and casual players. Only elite players can afford to acc gem mir kit too, before you use that arguement, so there's still a void.

    A void of a few stats is fine, a void of being unhittable is not.

    This is my opinion and I think it's fairly straightforward.

    Honestly, Agility orbs and Acc orbs would be better (+2/3 max stat added) than gems, as then everyone can afford to do it. I just don't think it's needed at all. Just like MR/PR gems were not in game, they become broken eventually.

    It's not game breaking, but it's pretty bad. I won't post again on it, leave it upto the gms. Never seen a server ruined by not having agil gems in game.
    Orbs would
    bw much more rare and top players would have it



    elite players? I wasn't an elite player, I even gemmed my kings arm 3 times and I had no SPARE armour.. it's a risk and reward people take.. it's just if your man enough to be willing to break your best kit., like me

  7. #27
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    171
    Honestly i agree, agility and acc is a poor system

    ALSO the way AC/AMC works aswell is poor, IE having 200 min ac means only players/monsters with dc 200+ will hit you, it should be dmg reduction %

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by khan265 View Post
    Orbs would
    bw much more rare and top players would have it



    elite players? I wasn't an elite player, I even gemmed my kings arm 3 times and I had no SPARE armour.. it's a risk and reward people take.. it's just if your man enough to be willing to break your best kit., like me
    Why is everythign about you lol. weird how you relate everythign to something YOU did.

    I understand the concept of gemming and risking kit. I'm asking should the concept (with agility/acc) be there in the first place.

    @hany base ac amc is a huge problem, rather than make it do dmg reduction, i would just lower base ac / amc. it's only made a bigger issue with profield / tao buffs adding loads of base too.

    I don't really know why all items (rings etc) need defense stats on them so much. I think people should have similar defenses to each other, with damage varying quite a bit (think euro, your defense came from armour and helm really). This means all mobs hit people for roughly the same, which is pretty important in PVE and pk in caves.


    Stripping defense off of rings / necky etc limits the defense differences between tiers of kits, as you are only gaining 2 major defensive buffs (arm + helm) instead of 10 (boots ring necky etc) each time you gain a new tiered kit. This makes PK a lot more balanced and fun, as lower kitted players can atleast hit the higher people, albeit for far less dmg. rings and stuff can have small defense buffs on, but shouldn't be so major imo
    Last edited by greatwhite2017; 12-07-2017 at 03:25 PM.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by toofknb4d View Post
    Give bosses 15-16 agility, give warrs 17-18 accuracy, job done. There's no need to have the orbs in for kits, it unbalances the PK/PVP.
    Personally, I think the real issue was agility being droppable on items that you wouldn't normally be able to get agility from.

    Helmet/Rings/Necklace/Stone/Weapon I had around 12 agility from these when in reality, I shouldn't have had any from these items.

    Which would have put me at around 32 agility. Which is far more manageable. (We can all agree, the level of agility I achieved was ridiculous at 44)

    There is absolutely nothing wrong with agil/acc, just look at the most successful server in existence: Chronicles. They've had agil/acc gems since the start and it works just fine. Gems in general are important as it creates an economy by smashing items. Without items smashing, items become completely worthless over time and the economy suffers for it and forces the GM to throw in yet more kit to keep up with the demand for new items, stagnating any feel of progress.

    Rework what can drop added onto items and you'll find it'll balance itself out. People can still be rewarded for gemming up an agil kit, but won't reach some godlike untouchable status.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriban View Post
    We can all agree, the level of agility I achieved was ridiculous


    You’ve spent the last 3 month arguing that it’s fine lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •